Who We Are
Welcome to the Ajax | Pickering | Whitby chapter of 100 Women Who Care!
You are a busy woman living and/or working in the Durham region and you want
to support your community in a way that will make an immediate and profound difference.
If you can spare one hour and $100 per quarter ($400 per year), you can make a difference by joining other women like yourself to support local community causes
that you have a part in selecting. If this commitment doesn’t work for you, you
and a friend can become a team of two (so your commitment is $50 each).
100 Women Who Care Ajax | Pickering | Whitby is perfect for you, if you:
- are committed to helping others in our community, but are stretched for time
- want 100% of your donations to go directly to local charities
- want to be part of a powerful group of local women making an immediate, direct and positive effect on the lives of our neighbours
- want to learn more about the many worthy community service programs and organizations supporting Ajax Whitby
So, come and join 100 Women Who Care Ajax | Pickering | Whitby
Here's how it works...
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting (quarterly or $400 total per year). With teams, the total quarterly commitment remains $100 and the team has one vote per meeting.
- Meetings are conducted in one hour.
- Any member who has signed a Membership Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting. Members who are unable to attend a meeting are still required to donate to the selected charity.
- A member who nominates one of the three randomly selected organizations will make a five-minute presentation about that organization to the group. Following this, each member will then vote for one of the three organizations. Organizations under consideration must serve Durham region and provide individual tax receipts to contributing members.
- After votes are tallied, each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes and the selected organization will receive a group donation of potentially $10,000 or more!
- In case of a tie, members will vote again for the tied organization. If a tie persists, the membership will vote to either randomly select one of the tied organizations by draw or divide the group donation equally between the tied organizations.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.